San Diego lawyer Theresa Filicia has been successfully representing homeowners
associations since 1987. Advising on business matters and community association
law, Theresa specializes in interpreting and enforcing governing documents
with an emphasis on resolving architectural violations. With her diverse
background, she has been able to effectively resolve complex legal matters
and negotiate multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of associations.
Additionally, Theresa has litigated and resolved personal injury and wrongful
death claims resulting from harmful construction defects.
Theresa has earned the Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent,
denoting an adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics,
reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant to the discharge of
professional responsibilities. An AV Preeminent certification mark is
a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the highest level
of professional excellence.
Theresa has been an Adjunct Professor at California Western School of Law
in San Diego, where she taught the course on Construction Defect Litigation.
She is a member of the Legal Steering Advisory Committee of the California
Association of Community Managers (CACM) and was the guest editor of the
2014 Winter Law Journal.
In her free time, Theresa enjoys cooking and entertaining, and is an active
member of the St. Thomas More Society. Her husband, Jim, is also an attorney.
Together they are the proud parents of three children: TJ, Kristen, and
Lauren who are all actively involved in baseball and softball. Theresa
and Jim also spend many weekends and holidays hosting enlisted military.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Community Association Law
- Business Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Franchise Law and Litigation
- J.D., California Western School of Law, cum laude
- B.S. in Biology, LeMoyne College
- All Courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS & HONORS
- Top Lawyers in San Diego, San Diego Magazine
- American Jurisprudence Award: Real Property
- American Jurisprudence Award: Trial Practice
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 as of 2015
- Community Association Institute
- California Association of Community Managers