David Silldorf focuses his practice in civil and construction defect litigation.
He also provides general counsel for residential and commercial associations.
David has been a partner at Silldorf Law, LLP since 2013.
As a San Diego attorney, David also practices in the areas of criminal
defense, civil rights cases, and litigation for complex plaintiff's
cases as trial counsel. He has represented hundreds of defendants charged
with a variety of offenses in both federal and state courts including
trying several cases to verdict. He has been designated by the U.S. District
Court for the Southern District of California as an experienced criminal
practitioner qualified to handle appointments arising under the Criminal
Justice Act in both the trial and appellate panels.
David earned his Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law in
San Diego after graduating summa cum laude from Boston University. While
in law school, David earned the honor of Distinguished Advocate for his
outstanding oral advocacy and was a member of four national mock trial
teams. He has worked as an adjunct professor at California Western School
of Law and continues to coach trial skills to student competitors. Notably,
David earned American Jurisprudence Awards in Advanced Trial Practice,
Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Arbitration Advocacy.
David trains in Shaolin Fua Kempo martial arts, and enjoys playing chess,
Shakespeare, and traveling in his spare time.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Community Association Law
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights Litigation
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A. in Philosophy, Law, and Ethics, Boston University, summa cum laude
- All Courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS & HONORS
- American Jurisprudence Award: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- American Jurisprudence Award: Arbitration Advocacy
- American Jurisprudence Award: Advanced Trial Practice
- Community Association Institute
- California Association of Community Managers
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- San Diego Criminal Defense Bar Association